Best Buy Company and its Family of Brands
Best Buy is the world’s largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailer with stores in the United States, Canada, China, and Mexico. We are the 11th largest online retailer in the U.S. and Canada, we have the number one customer loyalty program of its kind and more than 1.6 billion visitors to our websites and stores each year. Our more than 165,000 employees are committed to helping deliver the technology solutions that provide value, enabling access to people, knowledge, ideas and fun – whether online, via mobile device or in our stores.
What does a Best Buy Assistant Store Manager in Connectivity do?
Best Buy Assistant Managers share the leadership of a Best Buy store with the General Manager and the Assistant Managers in other business groups, focusing on store profitability through creating, sustaining and energizing successful customer and employee experiences. Assistant Managers are problem solvers. They are specifically accountable for implementing defined business group strategies, analyzing business results, creating and communicating effective gap management plans and for managing and developing the supervisor team, enabling them to develop and coach their sales, services, and sales support teams to never leave any customer unserved or under served.
You’re a techno learner who enjoys working with people–employees and customers! An Assistant Manager in Connectivity must not only know current products–mobile phones, laptops, tablets–but stay ahead of the curve by frequently exploring and learning about new products and solutions. Your strength lies in your ability to multi-task, easily moving from big picture responsibilities to serving customers and one-on-one coaching sessions with staff.
70% of your time you will:
- Implement the business group strategy, analyze business results to identify wins/opportunities and create plans to address gaps all in partnership with district leadership.
- Focus and fulfill tasks and responsibilities managing the customer experience, supporting business results and customer needs to include validating merchandise readiness to ensure the customer experience is positive in every channel and display functionality.
20% of your time you will:
- Ensure the Sales Supervisor understands, executes and achieves business group strategy, validates behavioral expectations and is held accountable for implementing that strategy.
- Ensure supervisors are armed with rigorous training and coaching necessary for a delightful customer shopping experience and an exhilarating employee development experience.
10% of your time you will:
- Coach others, giving them immediate feedback on how they’re coaching their team members.
- Facilitate individual monthly reviews with supervisors to help them develop their leadership potential and perform quarterly performance appraisals.
- Work in partnership with district leadership selecting talented employees and building on their talent to support business group strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What are the Professional Requirements of a Best Buy Assistant Manager in Connectivity?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months supervisory experience with a minimum of 10 reports (direct and/or indirect)
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in related field
- 1+ years supervisory experience
- Managing a multi-million dollar business
- Experience in the following areas: coaching, training, people management, problem solving
- 2+ years experience in a retail or customer service-oriented setting
What are my rewards and benefits?
Accelerate your career with an iconic brand! Surrounded by the latest and greatest technology, a team of amazing coworkers and a work environment where anything is possible, you’ll find it easy to be your best when you work at Best Buy. While you’re making technology work for our customers, we’re making sure Best Buy works for you. At Best Buy we offer top salaries for management, including short term incentive plans based upon business results, as well as endless opportunities to grow in a dynamic work environment part of an industry that never sleeps. From tuition reimbursement to deep employee discounts, to health, wealth and wellness benefits, we believe the success of our company depends on the passion of employees for learning, technology and people.
Related Topics: monday night football boardwalk empire meteor shower tonight Aaron Paul project runway